Asbestos Awareness training helps workers to understand the risks associated with the material so that they can avoid work that may disturb asbestos.
Asbestos Awareness course provides a comprehensive introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos and helps employers to comply with the law by ensuring that their workers are appropriately trained in order to work safely.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
• Understand why asbestos containing materials can be harmful and need to be treated as a hazardous substance.
• Understand the ill-health effects that asbestos can have.
• Know how to undertake an asbestos risk assessment.
• Understand the measures needed to eliminate or reduce the risks from asbestos.
• Know what the responsibilities of employers and employees are under health and safety law.
• Understand the necessary emergency procedures.
Additional entry requirements
Minimum of level 1 in literacy or numeracy or an equivalent.
Awarding Body: Revive Training – Attendance/ Awareness certificate