Health and Safety:
Health and Safety in the Workplace. Course content The Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace is aimed at all employees and provides essential knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
The qualification covers the following topics:
• The main duties of employers and employees Consequences of non-compliance with health and safety legislation Requirements for training and competence.
• The ways in which health and safety information can be communicated Definitions of ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’.
• The main hazards found in a range of workplaces How hazards can cause harm The common causes of workplace accidents and ill-health. •
The process for carrying out a risk assessment.
• How risk assessments can be used to reduce accidents and ill-health.
• The risk control hierarchy Risk controls for common workplace hazards.
• Arrangements for emergencies and first aid.
• The importance of recording all incidents, accidents and ill-health.
• Actions to be taken following an incident
Minimum of level 1 in literacy or numeracy or an equivalent
British Safety Council