HABC Level 2 Award in Principles Manual Handling
Costs: £80.00 per Learner - Classroom
This Level 2 Award Manual Handling course will explain the inherent dangers of moving and handling, but more importantly, it will show you how to perform the tasks with a minimum of risk as possible to keep you safe.
There are no prerequisites to enrol on this course, but a health questionnaire will be given upon arrival to the training centre.
MODULE 1 Reasons for Safe Manual Handling
• Definition of Manual Handling
• Causes of Musculoskeletal Injury
• Preventing Musculoskeletal Injury
• Function of the Spine
• Manual Handling Key Legislation
• Policies & Procedure
• Ergonomics & Risk Assessment
• Team Handling & Communication
MODULE 2 Manual Handling Processes & Assessing Risk
• Safer Handling of Loads
• Formal and Dynamic Risk Assessments
• Consideration of Other Factors
• Handling Awkward Loads
• Safe Storage of Inanimate Loads
• Correct Working Posture
• Safety checks on Handling Equipment
Course Duration - 1 Day
No matter where you work, you will at some time or another perform a task that requires the manual handling of an object. From a simple task like moving a chair from one office to another, to something more intense like taking a
desk up or down a flight of stairs.
Assessment Method - Multiple Choice Examination (30 Questions)
Qualification Expiry - 3 Years.
Mobirise web page creator - Click here