Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator within Private Security Industry
• Understand CCTV codes of practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
• Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
• Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV staff
• Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system
• Understand how to make effective use of CCTV equipment
• Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
• Understand Health and Safety relevant to CCTV operator
Unit 3: Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment within Private Security Industry
• Be able to operate CCTV equipment
• Be able to demonstrate operational use of a CCTV system
Is there an examination?
To pass the CCTV course you will have to sit two multiple choice question examinations and the practical assessment.
Units 1 & 2: 40 multiple choice questions with duration of 1 hour and pass mark of 28 for each unit
Unit 3 – Practical exam demonstrating the use of the CCTV system.
No Pass No Exam Fee
We have a policy of NO PASS – NO EXAM FEE, so if you do not pass there is no charge for re-takes. Our pass rate is over 95%.
Heart & Soul Community Training will help you apply for the SIA badge which costs additional £190 which is paid directly to the Security Industry Authority (SIA). If it’s the second badge you are applying for it will be ½ price £95
Are there any entry requirements?
All learners need to have a minimum of a Level 2 in English Literacy. This qualification can only be undertaken by learners aged 18yrs old or over. Students MUST arrive with the correct ID as per SIA Requirements which will be detailed on delegate joining instructions. Delegates without the correct ID requirements will not be able to complete the course.
How do I apply for my SIA badge?
Heart & Soul Community Training will help you to ensure your badge application runs as smooth as possible. We also help to reduce the chance of errors which may result in a delayed approval. To apply for the SIA badge. There is an additional cost of £190 which is paid directly to the Security Industry Authority (SIA). If you’re applying for your second badge it’ll be half price at £95.