Unit 2: Working as a Security Officer
This unit is intended for people who want to work in the private security industry and
who require a Security Industry Authority (SIA) licence to practise? It covers the
knowledge and understanding for areas that are relevant to the role of a security officer.
• Understand the role of a security officer within the private security industry
• Understand the importance of, and reasons for, patrolling
• Understand to control access and egress from a site
• Understand the basic search procedures
• Understand the purpose and function of different types of technology, security monitoring systems in the security environment
• Understand the law and its relevance to the role of a security officer
• Understand the importance and purpose of reporting the record keeping
Unit 3 – Conflict Management for the private security industry
This unit is intended for people who want to work in the private security industry and who require an SIA Licence to practice. It covers the knowledge and understanding for areas that are relevant to front line roles.
• Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
• Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
• Understand how to communicate effectively in emotive situations and de-escalate conflict
• Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
• Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations
On completion of the Security Guarding course you have to sit 3 multiple choice question examinations.