• Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
• Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
• Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
• Help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
• Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
• Help a baby or child with an eye injury
• Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
• Help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
• Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
• Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents).
Course Duration 2 Days
Assessment & certification
Level 3 Award Certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment of the delegate. Those who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard are issued with a Highfields Awarding Body certificate that is valid for three years.